Friday, February 20, 2009
Trip to Utah
After Christmas, we decided to go to Utah and see Teresa and her family. So we packed up the car and kids and headed out. We went to Costco to get gas and while we were there, Kade decided to give us a present. He had pooped through his outfit everywhere. I sent Mark into Costco to get a bag to put his clothes in while I attempted to clean him up. After 30 wipes, he was smelling nice. We only live 10 minutes from Costco, but we weren't sure we would leave the house immediately. So we just decided to head out to Utah. It was 3 in the afternoon when we left. From Corona to Victorville, we had stop and go traffic. Then it went pretty well. The kids were really good and I made the comment that it will be a nice trip. Then we got to Primm, NV. It took about 2 hours to go 10 miles. It was awesome. I learned my lesson to not talk about the trip until we get there. After being on the freeway for two hours, the kids needed to go to the restroom. We pulled off the road, where everyone else decided to pull off, and I ran them into the gas station. When I walked in, there were 40 people in line for the restrooms. Both Joe and Hailey had to go really bad. So we convinced people to let us use the men's bathroom. Of course, Hailey had to poop and men kept coming in to pee. I just kept my eyes turned towards Hailey. Once we passed Vegas, we never saw another car. I tried to convince Mark to stop and sleep somewhere, but he just wanted to get there. We finally got to Matt and Teresa's house at 5 in the morning Utah time. It took 13 hours. We now will never travel on Saturday or Sunday. We are just grateful our car worked well and the kids travel well. Kade is such a good baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment