We had a triple birthday party for all of our children, since their b-days are very close together. We had about 70 people at our house. It was a ton of fun. Mark thought I was crazy for inviting so many people, but we pulled it off. We had our normal party food, hawaiian chicken and rice. There was plenty of food and it was so fun to see so many of my family. We had Paul's family here from Arizona, Steve's family, Patty's family, Dave and Heidi, Ann and Don,Tom's family, and Mark's parents. We even skyped my parents during the party so they could talk to everyone and feel a part of it. (We miss them a ton. We have never had a kid's birthday party without them.) Joe had a bunch of kids from his class come and his kindergarten teacher came. It was fun to see all the kids run to their teacher and give him a big hug. He was such a great teacher and taught Joe a lot. He still talks about him daily.
The bounce house was a blast. We only had a few injuries. I was one of those and Joe was one of them. He gets his grace from me. They didn't pick up the bounce house until 9:30. Mark and I and the kids stayed out there, shooting baskets and going down the slide until it was taken. The kids think we should buy one, now.

My friend, Debi made this treasure chest cake. It was so cute.


Joe is not too happy here because when I was lighting the cake, the match fell on the ground and Joe kind of stepped on it. I think it scared him more than anything. So I burned my kid on his birthday. I'm brilliant!


I picked yellow frosting for the cake. It didn't make as big of a mess as the red on Joe's first b-day. The red stayed on his skin for a couple of days. By the third kid, you learn all the tricks. Kade stayed nice and clean.





Mr. Topete and his students




The Bounce House
1 comment:
You are a rockstar mom. Seriously. 70 people. I'm sweating just thinking about it.
Post a Comment